Monday, January 22, 2018

Story: 5 Years Ago


Happy Monday!

On this day five years ago, I sat at the dining table, talking to my mother about fashion blogs and that I wanted to do one myself. She wasn’t as excited about it as I was which makes sense to the grown up girl I am now - because I was only fourteen. I was sooo excited to write about my outfits - crazy combos I can tell you!


I began to post regularly, nearly everyday. And I would spent ages, thinking about what to wear next, where to take the perfect photos and how to name the post. I got more excited every time I posted something. As the first compliments and followers came along, I felt like I created something special, that others like as well. 

I was passioned and enthusiastic. 


Two years went by and I enjoyed them so much. I posted what I wanted, no matter what anyone said. I even survived the “cool kids” in school who jelled my blog’s name nearly everyday: Hi people, I’m still doing it!


My excitement slowly started to fade away as more bloggers and instagramers stepped into the fun world. 

But not the influence of others made me lose my power of creativity but it was something else: money. 


In 2015, I began to earn money with my postings which pushed me to work on the blog constantly. The more I earned, the more I lost my creativity. It became a job - still a very fun job that got me to do so many fun things like going to fashion weeks for many seasons, visiting events or working with great companies and brands. But it became a job that followed me everywhere. I would visit places and would think about the perfect picture first, before enjoying the time. 


Because my blog became a business, I couldn’t step away from it. I couldn’t change things. I had many creative pauses but the one I took the past few weeks made me reflect the past years a lot. 

I don’t want to be one of those who are like “oh social media and the whole blogging world is so miserable”. I don’t think it is at all - I wanted to get back to the point where all of this was fun and not stressful at all. It’s not about crappy quantity, there’s no need to post every sh*t. 


I'm Wearing: 

TIGHA cardigan 
MINT&BERRY fake fur coat
WEEKDAY body 
DR.DENIM skirt 
ASOS overknees 
ASOS earrings 

Shop The Look: 


No comments

Post a Comment

© Kera Fee. | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig